- Summary of the R4v3 Card
- R4v3 Package Contents
- R4v3 Official Features List
- History of the R4v3
- Telling the Difference Between the R4v3 and R4 SDHC Upgrade Clones
- R4v3 Official Website
- Download R4v3 Software / Firmware
The R4v3 card is technically a clone of the original R4 SDHC card. However, it was also the only clone of the card that appeared to have decent software associated with it and so became moderately popular. It is often confused with the R4 SDHC Upgrade card (another clone of the R4 SDHC card), but the two cards show different error messages.
The R4v3 package comes with:
- R4v3 Card
- Micro SD Reader
- Blue Card Holder
- Blue Ribbon
- Software Disc (Optional)
- 3rd Generation Storage Device. No booting tool require.
- Slot 1 interface- Fit perfectly in DS.
- Supports micro SD card and micro SDHC card, Fat 16 and 32.
- Supports any Micro SD card speed with no lag in game.
- Supports Clean ROM. Just drag and drop. Work on any OS.
- Built in NoPass.
- Automatically detect save types.
- Save directly to microSD card, not onto onboard chip.
- Support Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface.
- User friendly interface. Support touchscreen and button operation.
- Supports rumble pak and memory pak.
- Supports WiFi games.
- Supports background and skin change for Operation Interface
- Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment (DS Lite only)
- Supports Soft Reset
- Supports Action Replay Cheat
- Supports Moonshell. DLDI auto-patching.
- Support Download play
- Include high-Speed memory card reader.
The R4v3 card was one of the many clones of the R4 SDHC that emerged after the R4 SDHC was released. Born in the middle of 2008, it gained a foothold as a popular card because the firmware that was first released was quite good. The team behind the R4v3 then committed to providing regular updates of firmware, and the card became a lot more popular. Out of the six or so clones of the R4 SDHC that emerged around this time, the R4v3 was the most popular by far.
The R4v3 still exists today, but is very much a smaller sibling to the original R4 SDHC card.
The two main clones of the R4 SDHC are the R4 SDHC Upgrade and the R4v3. You can tell the difference between these two cards by inserting a blank Micro-SD card into them and seeing what error message comes up.
The R4 SDHC Upgrade is based on the DSTT so its error message is the same. The R4v3 is based on the original R4 SDHC and so its error message is “Loading…” instead.
You can download the latest R4v3 software from the official R4v3 website.