For a corresponding game, make sure that the Action Replay Cheat is place under the official database (cheat.dat files under the _system_ folder on your micro SD) or the user database (usrcheat.dat files under the _system_ folder on your micro SD)
The lower screen of the DS will show the “Action Replay Cheat (Y)” button. Press the button to enter the interface.
*If the official and user databases both contain an action replay cheat to the same game, there will be two “action replay cheat” buttons. The official database is on the left and the user database is on the right.
The top line of the top screen will show the game name and the top line of the lower screen shows the number of cheat code currently selected for the game and the total amount of the cheat codes that can be selected.
The bottom line of the below screen shows the version and date of the current cheat database.
The lower screen will also show 6 button and their function is described below:
- “select all” Press this button to select all the cheat code when cheat is enabled.
- “delete all” Press this button to delete all the selected cheat code when cheat is enabled.
- “game open/close” Press this button to control the cheat switch for the game selected, the left frame will show the current status.
- “cheat open/close” Press this button to control the entire cheat function switch, the right frame will show the current status.
- “preserve and exit” Press this button to preserve the current modification, and exit the function as well as press the START button.
- “discards and exit” Press this button to not preserve the current modification, and exit the function as well as press the SELECT button.
When cheat is enabled, use the up and down arrow to choose each cheat code one by one; if it’s the cheat folder, press A to unfold/fold the directory.
When cheat is enabled, use the left and right arrow to scroll across 10 cheat codes at a time.
If you do not need the cheat function, delete the cheat.dat files under the _system_ folder.
When running a game, the cheat can be temporarily closed by pressing the “L+R+START+DOWN” button, and reopen by pressing the “L+R+START+UP” button.